I will help you navigate through the no fault divorce petition which is processed online. It can take around 8 months to complete your divorce. It is recommended that you agree a divorce financial settlement and file this with the Family Court before applying for the final order (formally Decree Absolute) in the divorce. There is a court fee in the sum of £593. I will draft the divorce petition, help serve this on the other party, and apply for the conditional and final orders on your behalf. My fees for the divorce are relatively low and I will provide you with a cost estimate. If you would prefer to start the divorce yourself, you can apply for an online divorce here.


The divorce settlement is dealt with separately. There are four methods to agree your divorce financial settlement: 1. Agree between yourselves 2. Divorce Mediation 3. Divorce Lawyer negotiations 4. Court proceedings. The aim should always be to avoid court proceedings, however, in some circumstances it may be necessary to take a firmer approach and seek the court’s assistance. Once an agreement has been reached, you should instruct a family lawyer to draft the financial agreement and advise you on its terms.


I advise parents who need structure and clarity with regards to the arrangements for their children, sometimes incorrectly called child custody. They may need help agreeing contact including holidays and birthdays, education arrangements, relocation, maintenance and to set out prohibited steps.  I will take you through parental responsibility and the rights of the child and help you to reach an agreement which puts the needs of the children first. If you would like your agreement formalised I will help you to agree a child arrangements order. If proceedings are issued at court, I will represent you at the hearings, and if necessary, I will ensure that you receive specialist advice from a children law barrister. 


Domestic violence and coercive control is a silent pandemic. There is no legal definition of domestic abuse, however, the domestic abuse bill will create a statutory definition. If you are experiencing domestic abuse you should contact the police and speak to a family lawyer to obtain a protective order such as a non molestation and/or an occupation order. There are several free 24 hour helplines to contact in an emergency such as Refuge 0808 2000 247 or Flows 0203 745 7707.

Domestic abuse
pre-nuptial or postnuptial agreements


I help unmarried couples who are considering entering into a cohabitation agreement before purchasing a home or settling down together. In the event that an unmarried couple separate, I am able to assist with the drafting and implementation of a separation agreement.

I prepare prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for engaged and married couples wanting to define and protect their assets. 


Unmarried couples are sometimes unaware that they do not have the same rights as married couples who are separating. This can have devastating consequences for the family, especially when children are involved. 

I assist unmarried couples who are unable to agree financial matters. I advise them with regards to the the civil law relating to property (TLATA), and Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989, which enables a parent to claim financial support from the other parent.